Our course enables you to help people improve their health and wellness through yoga practices and teachings. You are trained in applying yoga techniques to various ailments and thereby reducing, removing and managing the symptoms that are causing discomfort or illness.
We offer knowledge about various health conditions that you are supposed to treat as an assistant yoga therapist. Our course focuses on both the techniques (asanas, pranayama, meditation, yoga philosophy, yogic diet) and the therapeutic applications of these techniques and ability to look at the health conditions from the perspective of yoga therapy.
An assistant yoga therapist may work under a senior yoga therapist practicing in a gym, wellness center, private office, rehabilitation facility, clinics, etc. The session of yoga therapy may also take place in a client’s place or home.
Remember: even if the channel you’re considering is all the rage right now, it might not fit your brand. Always make informed decisions that directly relate to your company. Otherwise, your message won’t be delivered to its intended audience and you’ll have wasted time, effort and money.
Our certificate course for assistant yoga therapist focuses on major areas of knowledge, skills, and experience that a good yoga therapist depends upon, such as:
- Yoga Philosophy: It tells about the science of yoga and how it enables humans to live a healthy and peaceful life.
- Human Anatomy: It tells about the internal structures of the human body. Understanding of anatomy is must to the practice of yoga therapy and to treat problems such as back pain, arthritis, neck pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, etc.
- Physiology: It tells about the functioning of the organ systems of the body such as digestion, reparation, excretion, etc. It allows you to spot the symptoms that require medical attention.
- Ayurveda and other alternative healing system: A brief introduction to Ayurveda, yogic diet also strengthens the knowledge of yoga therapy.
You are invited to apply for admission in our certificate course for assistant yoga therapist. We look forward to helping you achieve your goals in using yoga techniques to treat the medical conditions and thereby making people more healthy and happy. There is no age limit for this program. However, the candidate is required to be medically fit. A medical test can be conducted by the Institute to check the physical and mental health of the candidate. However, it is recommended that one should complete a basic yoga teacher training before becoming an assistant yoga therapist.
“Yoga is an invaluable gift of ancient Indian Tradition. Yoga is essentially a spiritual discipline based on an extremely subtle science, which focuses on bringing harmony between mind, body; thought and action; restraint and fulfilment; harmony between man and nature and a holistic approach to health wellbeing. Yoga has attracted global attention in recent years. The awareness about Yoga practice is increasing among people from different walks of life, not only for preservation and promotion of health, but also for the management of various diseases.”
DNAMCT is conducting various Yoga Educational Programme, Yoga Training courses, Yoga Therapy Course and Extension/Outreach and Charity Programmes, Yoga Tutorials / Tuitions / Studies such as YCB, Distance Education, Skill Training Programmes, Educational visit to Member Institutions for the promotion and development of Yoga.
However, recently, the Ministry of AYUSH has established Yoga Certification Board (YCB) for Certification of Yoga Professionals and Accreditation of Yoga Institutions under the aegis of MDNIY. The Yoga Certification Board has recommended issuing certification of the Yoga Instructors of the following four levels:
- Level-I Yoga Protocol Instructor
- Level-II Yoga Wellness Instructor
- Level-III Yoga Teacher and Evaluator
- Level-IV Yoga Master
To streamline the Yoga Education and Training programmes, as mandated by DNAM & Charitable Trust would like to start this Short Term non-residential Certificate Courses on part time basis, at the Institute or at other Extension Centres of the Institute including Yoga Centers run by the Institute at other designated locations.
Title of the Course:
The course shall be called ‘Certificate Course in Yoga’ shortly in CCY
Aims & Objectives of the Course
- To spread Wellness through Yoga
- To create teachers to teach Yoga for wellness in the society
i) A pass in 10th from a recognized Board or equivalent.
ii) Foundation Course in Yoga (50 hrs.) from Institution/College
Its equivalent from any Central/State University, Yoga Institutions recognized or accredited by Yoga Certification Board, Ministry of AYUSH.
Yoga professionals having a minimum of 5years experience in active teaching and training in Yoga with valid documentations.
iii) The candidates must be medically fit. No person with chronic ailments is allowed to take admission.
Duration of the Course:
The duration of the course is usually 3 (three) months.
The course usually will start from – March, April, July and October
However, the Institute is free to conduct the said course in 3 / 4 / 6 months as given below.
|Months||No. of Weeks||No. of Days in a Week||Total No. of Days||Practical Training (Hours)||Theory lectures (Hours)||Inaugural and Valedictory (Hours)||Total Hours|
30 seats per batch. 10% seats over and above the total seats shall be for Foreign candidates. 05% seats over and above the total seats shall be for persons with Differently Abled.
Medium of Instructions:
Bengali / Hindi / English
i. An admission notice will be issued by the Institute 15 days prior to commencement of the course on its Notice Board and Website.
ii. The prospectus with Application Form for admission to CCY can be obtained from the office of Yoga Center in the said institution/college on payment of prescribed fees as mentioned in the admission notification. The application form may also be downloaded from the Institute’s website www.dnayoga.org. In that case the applicant shall deposit the requisite fees at the time of submission of Application Form.
iii. The application form duly filled in all respect, supported by the self-attested photo copies of all necessary documents should be submitted at the registration counter of Institute/College on or before the last date.
iv. The selection will be made on the basis of Entrance Test.
v. In case of persons getting equal marks, the criteria for the selection will be the marks obtained by them in matriculation examination or higher qualifications in hierarchy.
vi. If any seats remained vacant, they will be filled by Counselling as per the decision of Admission Committee of Institute/College.
viii. The provisional Selection list will be displayed on the Notice Board of the Institute.
ix. The office timings of the Institute are 10:00 am to 04:00 pm on all working days (Monday to Friday).
Note: Admission will be processed between the dates of 1st to 14th of the month before starting of every batch.
The dress shall be white T-shirt and trousers of selected colour (or as decided by the Institute) both for boys and girls which need to be purchased by the students on their own.
Selection will be made on the basis of performance in Entrance Test of one hour duration, Consisting of objective Questions based on the Syllabus of Foundation Course in Yoga being Conducted in Institute, will be held on the prescribed date as mentioned in the notification; and clearing of the medical Test.
There will be Medical Examination before a candidate is finally selected for admission in the course. Selection will be subject to medical examination which will be conducted at Institute/College at the cost of Rs.50/-. The student will be permitted to submit other fees only after getting medical fitness Declaration Certificate from the Medical Officer of said Institute.
Counselling & Payment of fees:
All the candidates, who have passed the entrance test and cleared medical test, will appear for counselling at the premises of Institute where the candidates will be required to bring their certificates/testimonials for verification and the amount of course fee. The candidates must bring the following while coming for counselling.
a) Copy of 10th (Matriculation) Certificate or its equivalent from a recognized Board.
b) Copies of Certificate of Foundation Course in Yoga from Institute/College
Equivalent from other Universities/Institutions and Experience Certificates, if any.
c) Copy of Aadhaar Card
d) Four passport size photographs
e) Course Fees (as mentioned in admission notice)
f) Valid Certificates for reserved category students
|Sl. No.||Details||Amount (in Rs.)||Remarks|
|1||Admission-Registration Fee,||2,000/-||At the time of making application|
|2||Course Fee||15,000/-||At the time of admission only|
|3||Examination fee||2,000/-||At the time of examination|
|4||Certification etc.||1,000/-||At the time of examination|
|5||Inclusions in the fees*||–||Dresses, books and IEC materials|
|Total amount||20,000/-||18% GST is applicable|
Note: Fees are subject to change. GST will be taken in the time of admission with the fees. *Concessions will be given to the selected categories
UPCOMING COURSE DATE:
|Sl. No.||Course Date||Venue||Fees||Admission|
|1||17 Apr, 2020 to 21 Jun, 2020||VYASA Nadia – The School of Yoga, Simurali||Rs.20,000/- +GST||Apply now|
|2||16 May, 2020 to 31 Jul, 2020||Santipur College||Rs.20,000/- +GST||Apply now|
- The Theory and Practical examinations will be conducted in the last month of the course. The results will be declared on the basis of performance in both theory and practical Examinations.
- A candidate failing in one or more theory/practical papers is allowed to re-appear for those papers only, in which he/she has failed.
- A supplementary examination will be conducted within one month of declaration of the result after payment of the requisite examination fee of Rs.500/-.
- Re-evaluation in Practical examination is not allowed.
- Fee chargeable for recounting of the answer book is Rs.200/- per subject and should be deposited personally in the office of DNAMCT on working days.
- The candidates are required to attend 80% of the total classes conducted during the course. Those candidates whose attendance is below 80% shall not be eligible to appear in the examination. However, 5% attendance will be condoned on medical ground only on production of medical certificate or at the discretion of the Director on valid grounds.
- Any candidate found indulging in any unfair or unethical practice during examination; he/she shall be barred from the course.
- Final examination results shall be displayed on the Notice Board and website of the Institute.
- The decision of the Board of Examiners, Institute/College shall be final in all the matters relating to examination.
Result & Award of Class:
- Minimum marks to pass is 40 % marks in each theory and practical papers are
- Pass Class 40% and above and below 50% in aggregate
- Second Class 50% and above and below 60% in aggregate
- First Class 60% and above and below 80% in aggregate
- First Class with Distinction 80% and above in aggregate
Note: If a candidate has failed only in one theory/practical paper, he/she shall be given grace marks of maximum 10% of the total marks of theory/practical paper.
Award of the Certificate:
On successful completion of the course, an institutional Certificate of “Certificate Course in Yoga” will be awarded to the candidates who are successful in both theory and practical examinations.
Voluntary Certification of Yoga Professionals through YCB:
The course is designed in line with Level-2: Yoga Wellness Instructor of Yoga Certification Board (YCB), Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga, Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India. Those desires to get certified by the Yoga certification Board shall applied separately for voluntary certification by paying prescribed fees of YCB. Guidelines for Voluntary Yoga Certification by YCB will be informed in due course of time with a separate notice.
Rules & Regulations:
- Mere applying for admission to the course does not confer any right upon the candidate to be selected.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate for admission.
- Institution/College owns no responsibility for providing employment.
- Irregular attendance, habitual idleness, disobedience or unbecoming conduct in the premises will render a student liable not to continue the course and his/her name shall be removed from the rolls after prior notice.
- Uses of Cell Phones during the class hours (both theory and practical) are strictly forbidden. If found doing so, strict action shall be taken against the candidates.
- Institution shall take no responsibility during the course for any injury sustained by the student though all precautions will be taken to prevent accidents.
- Permission for leave or absence from classes must be taken in writing from the course Teacher/ Coordinator/ Head in advance. In case of illness, a Medical Certificate may be submitted in time as per guidelines.
- The student’s concerned shall compensate any damage caused to the property of the Institute.
- Students are responsible for the loss or damage of books, equipment, tools and instruments used by them and necessary action will be taken.
- Student shall behave themselves in such manner that it shall not disturb peace and tranquillity of any other student, teacher etc.
- Absence from any activity of the scheduled program will be treated as a gross breach of discipline.
- No Union/Association shall be formed by the students.
- Students should not visit the Staff Faculties/Members during class hours.
- Students should keep in mind that they are here not merely to study the ancient discipline of Yoga, but also apply the same discipline and lifestyle to themselves.
- The Head’s decision will be final in all matters related to discipline and smooth conduct of the course.
- Following are strictly forbidden/prohibited within the Institute..
a) Possession or use of alcoholic drinks/beverages.
b) Smoking & chewing tobacco/Gutkha Pouch/Chewing gum etc.
c) Use of cell phone during the class hours or possession of fire arms or any lethal weapon.
d) Ragging/teasing/harassment in any form is prohibited and punishable.
- Students must attend Yoga practical classes on time daily; they must be empty stomach.
- The student shall be required to follow the rules and regulations prescribed in the syllabus and also amended/framed by the Institute for improvement in the quality of teaching, training and discipline, from time to time.
- In case of any dispute, the case will be dealt under jurisdiction of Kalyani courts, only.
- All valuables/money shall be properly secured by the students. The Institute will not be responsible for loss of any valuables/cash.
- DNAMC&T reserves the right to change, delete, alter and add any of the rules and regulations as and when necessary, without prior notice.